ClickTime offers a Mobile Application for both the iPhone and Android devices. You must have an active ClickTime account and your Administrator must have created at least on Project in order for your organization to use the application.
While there is no additional cost for the Mobile Application, please note that some account configurations are not supported via the Mobile Application (more details below).
Submitting Time (for those using Timesheet Approvals)
Settings That Prevent Access to the Mobile Application
Mobile Application Time Entry Restrictions
After logging into https://login.clicktime.com and making sure you can enter time, you can then download the Mobile Application from the iTunes or Google Play stores and install like any other application.
Once you have installed the Application, sign in using the same email address/password combination you used to log into the web. We also support Single Sign-On options for the Mobile Application as well:
By default you should be brought to the current time entry day. You can use the options at the top to scroll to the previous or next day. To enter time for any day, tap the "+" icon at the bottom.
Next, you can choose whether you are logging Worked time or Time Off.
Below this you will likely see the Hours field and the options for Client, Project, & Task. You can tap into the Hours field and manually enter the hours, or tap the "play" button to start tracking time using the Mobile Application stopwatch.
If you are required to use Start/End Times, you'll instead see fields for Start and End Time. If you are set to log Break Times, you'll also see that field. After entering your times the Hours field will be automatically calculated.
Next, tap into the Client, Project, or Task screen to select the appropriate time entry options:
You will see options to display Recent entries, which will be those options you've most recently used. If you do not see what you are looking for, please tap All to see all available options:
Notes can be entered at the bottom.
When the time entry is complete, tap Done. You will see an error message if you have not filled in a required field:
You can also tap Done once you've started the stopwatch. The stopwatch will continue running in the background until you come back to the time entry screen and tap the "pause" button:
Please be aware that the stopwatch will round up (or down) to the nearest time increment for your Company (this is the same when logged into clicktime.com)
You can view the stopwatch/timer history using the option at the bottom of the page:
If you forget to stop a stopwatch, it will end at midnight and force you to enter an End Time before the time entry can be saved:
Time Off is entered in the same way after choosing the Time Off option:
If you have a steady data connection on your phone, the time entry should post to our server almost immediately. If there are issues with the synchronization, you will see an error of some sort on either the time entry or menu screen. Please see our Troubleshooting Steps section of this page for more details.
You can also tap into an existing time entry and change any aspect of the time entry, providing the entry is not locked due to submission, approval, or other reason.
After creating time entries, you can review them on a day-by-day basis, or go to the main menu and choose Timesheets.
This will display the total hours for each day that belong to your timesheet.
You can then tap into each day to see more details:
If you are set up for Timesheet Approvals, return to the Timesheet screen to see the Submit Timesheet option at the bottom (scroll ahead for more details):
Once you have reviewed your time entries, you can then use the Submit Timesheet option at the bottom of the Timesheet screen:
You'll have an option to enter a comment before submitting the timesheet to your Approver:
Once you do so, the status of the timesheet will change to "waiting".
No further edits can be made to this timesheet at this time. If you need to make changes, your Approver will need to Reject the timesheet.
Alternatively, you can log into ClickTime on the web and "Unsubmit" the timesheet as covered here. Currently undoing submission of the timesheet is not supported in our mobile application.
For assistance with reviewing/approving timesheets, please see the Timesheet Approvals Overview or the Approving Time with the Mobile Application article.
Most of your experience with the Mobile Application should be very straight-forward, but if you ever run into issues, the following troubleshooting steps will typically resolve most (if not all) experiences:
- From the "Settings" screen, tap "Refresh Data"
- If this does not resolve the issue, log out and log back into the application. You can also try force-closing the application.
- Restarting your phone may address any continuing issues.
- While uninstalling and re-installing the application is an option, doing so may delete any data that is stored on your phone but not yet posted to our server. Please contact ClickTime Support for additional assistance before uninstalling the application.
You may see Notifications on the main page. Going to this screen and tapping "Retry All" should resolve the notices.
If the messages continue, please try the troubleshooting steps above. If you have an unresolved error, future time entries may be affected, so we recommend resolving these notices before proceeding with additional time entry.
If you are unable to login to the application but have used it in the past, you may be able to address the issue by resetting your Personal API Access Token. This can be done by clicking your name in the top-right corner and going to the My Preferences page. From there, choose "Authentication Token" and then click "Authentication Token":
After viewing the token, click the "Reset Token" text:
Then try logging into the application again.
For additional assistance, please contact ClickTime Support at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help.
The Mobile Application was designed to facilitate quick-and-easy time tracking and expense capturing while on-the-go! However, this does mean that the app is not intended to be used for certain configurations. Specifically:
- The Mobile Application does not currently support organizations who need to be DCAA-Compliant
- Organizations using the optional "Sub-Jobs" module can currently only use our Expenses features
- The Mobile Application does not currently support "Custom Fields". Time entries can still be made for organizations with "Time Entry" Custom Fields, but Custom Fields can only be filled out when logged into login.clicktime.com
- You must associate at least one Project with a Client that you have created. If all Projects are associated with an "unspecified" Client, the mobile application will not load until you have made this update
- Single Sign-On with Google Applications is not currently supported. If your organization "requires" Single Sign-On with Google, this will prevent access to the Mobile Application. Your local Administrator can change this requirement to "Allow", and then employees can use the Mobile Application with their email/password combination. More information on changing the Single Sign-On options is available here.
- The ClickTime Administrator who signs up for a demo must log into login.clicktime.com at least once before their account is configured for the Mobile Application. They will want to go through the Setup Wizard (or create specific Clients and Projects on the web) so their new users have time entry options available. Employees added to the new account can log into the Mobile Application without logging into login.clicktime.com
- While users have the option to use the Stopwatch to track their time, if the user is "required" to use the Stopwatch, they will only be able to use our Expenses features in the Mobile Application
- In order to have the option to create time entries with Start/End times, the user must be set to "Require Start/End times" from their Person Details page. Requiring the use of "Start/End Times" will remove the ability to use the Mobile Application stopwatch
- The Mobile Application can be used to track Time Off for Leave Types that are set to "Approval Not Required". We expect to support Time Off Requests and Approvals at some point in the future (more details on Approval Required Leave Types can be found here).
- Time entry pages on clicktime.com can be set to hide either the Client or Task dropdown options. You can hide Client options from the Mobile Application, but the Task option will still be available via Mobile (even if it is not available on the Day View or Week View time entry pages)
- The Mobile Application will only display the first 500 Projects that are available to each user (determined by alphabetic order, by Project Name, then Project number). If there are more than 500 Projects in your account, you will want to limit the employee's access to fewer than 500 in order for them to use the Mobile Application. More details on Project Availability can be found here
- When Task List Controls are on (more details here), the Mobile Application will only display the first 500 Tasks that exist in your account (determined by alphabetic order, by Task Code). However, if the user has recently logged time to a Task that is outside of this limit, you can use the "Recent" options to show the last 5 Tasks that were used for time entry
- When Task List Controls are off (more details here), the Mobile Application will display the first 500 Tasks that are available to the user (as determined by their My Tasks page)
- The Mobile Application will only display up to 75 Expense Items per Expense Sheet. While the application can be used to upload as many Expense Items to a Sheet as needed, only the 75 most recent Expense Items will be visible from the Mobile Application
- The Mobile Application was not designed to track Expenses that were created in a foreign currency. You can upload an Expense Item via Mobile, but will need to edit it from clicktime.com in order to convert it to your default currency
- The Mobile Application is not intended to support zero-hour time entries. If you need to log a zero-hour time entry you will want to do so when logged into clicktime.com