The Person Defaults section of the Company --> Preferences page allows you to configure default settings for new employees that you add to the system.
Specifically, anything you set up in this section of the page will be applied to new employees as you create their records. You can change these defaults to anything else during the setup process or at a later date though. For more details on adding employees to your account, please see this guide. For more details on editing existing employees, please see this guide.
The first two options sections determine the employee's time entry options:
- Time Format: You can specify whether you'd like your employees to log time in AM/PM format, or in 24-hour format. The employees can change for their account at any time from their My Preferences page (more details here).
- Time Entry Selection Method: This affects the employee's settings on the Week View page. Specifically, whether or not they see a "pop-down" options or if they want to use the "Type-Ahead" options when finding Clients/Projects/Tasks on their Week View time entry page. They can toggle this themselves using either the "Options" menu on the Week View page (more details here), or from their My Preferences page (more information here).
The next two options create defaults for Cost Rate and Timesheet Completion. These can be set to a wide variety of options:
- Cost Rate: The "Cost Rate" is the estimated cost of staffing the employee. You can change this when creating a new employee, as well as if their Cost Rate increases. More information on managing Cost Rates is available here.
- Classify time as incomplete when less than...: This allows you to indicate if an employee is expected to enter a certain number of hours on a daily or weekly basis. This can be changed when adding the new employee, or at any time from their Person Details page. More information on editing this field is available here, and more details on how this setting is used is available here.
You can also set additional default requirements for each new employee:
- The Person must enter the start and end time for each time entry: This setting will determine if someone has to use Start/End times when adding time to the system. You can disable the requirement at any time from their Person Details page as discussed here. More information on entering time in this method is available in the Day View time entry guide here. Just like on the Person Details page, the first box must be checked in order to select the other options.
- The Person must enter notes/comments with each time entry: This setting will determine if an employee is required to enter a note/comment with each time entry they create. You can disable this requirement at any time from their Person Details page as discussed here.
- Prevent people from submitting incomplete timesheets: This setting will prevent an employee from submitting their timesheet unless they have entered the minimum number of hours per day/week. You can disable this requirement at any time, or change the minimum required hours on their Person Details page. More information on the Incomplete Timesheet requirements are outlined in this guide.