Business Intelligence & Analytics offers you two ways to automate reports
1. You can schedule report delivery via email
- If you have “full access” to the report you can schedule reports for delivery You can add recipients individually, or by user type Recipients will receive emails on the schedule you define Recipients cannot opt out unless you give them permission
You can subscribe to a report
- You opt-in to receive any report on any schedule you like
- Note: except those in the “Clicktime: Getting Started” categories. To subscribe to these, save a copy!
- You can unsubscribe from report delivery
The Report Designer/Schedule page allows you to set up a recurring schedule for report delivery (via email). You can share reports with people who have active accounts in ClickTime, including:
- Just Administrators
- Just Managers
- Both Managers and Administrators
- Specific individuals
- Note: Standard users do not have access to the feature, and reports cannot be scheduled for delivery to them
Scheduling works on a report-by-report basis, and Scheduled Reporting Items are delivered regardless of whether they have data or not at scheduled time.
You can add multiple scheduled instances to each report. For example, you can schedule a report to go out to managers on a weekly basis so that they stay on top of their direct reports’ time entries, but schedule admins to receive it on a different cadence.
To schedule a report for delivery:
- In “Design” mode, click “Schedule” in the left hand menu.
- Click the “Add Schedule button”
- This will open a pop-up window where you can create a schedule for delivery.
- To schedule a report, you'll need to enter the following into the "Schedule" tab:
- Instance Name - Give your schedule a name so you can refer to it later
- Scheduling Type - this is pre-selected (as "Scheduled Reporting Item", which is the only option)
- Time Zone - Select your desired time zone for when the report will be distributed
- Start Date - Select a start date (in the future) for when you'd like the scheduled reports to be distributed
- Start Time - Enter when you'd like the report to be distributed (this field is in 24hr format)
- Recurrence - Select a common recurrence period from the list, or select Custom Recurrence to set up a custom distribution time period
- Next, toggle to the “Delivery” tab
and enter the following
- Delivery Type - Select “Email”, which sends the report to the email address of selected users, on the schedule you've defined
- Delivery Method - Choose between "Attachment" which will attach the file to the email, or "Embedded HTML", which will include the body of the report within the email
- Export Attachment Type - If you are sending the report as an attachment, choose if you want the report in Excel, PDF, or .csv format
- Use Subscription Time Zone - We recommend checking this box
- Recipients - This will open a pop-up with every user that has permission to reports. Choose from the list to indicate who should receive the scheduled reports. This list will be specific to the ClickTime users in your account that have the appropriate permissions
- Email Subject - Set the subject of the email that will be sent to your team
- Email Body - This will allow you to customize the text that is sent with your reports
If you scroll down, you'll also see details about the Filters used in this report and will even have the options to change your filters if needed.
Click "OK" to save your scheduling instance, which will return you to the Scheduling page. Remember to click "Save" in order for the Scheduling details to be saved.
To delete a Scheduling Instance, check the box next to the Instance name, and then click the "trashcan" icon in the top right.
You can also Subscribe to reports to receive delivery on a schedule, even if you are not the report owner and do not have access to the “design” mode. Please note that the report must be shared with you in order to subscribe to it.
To subscribe, open the Report, and then click the "Subscribe" button here:
Then follow the steps to "schedule" the report for delivery to you on the cadence you'd like.
Remember to click "Subscribe" to save your settings.
You can see whether you’re subscribed to a report by clicking the “Subscribe” button again.
Note: You may delete a Scheduled Instance for yourself if you wish to unsubscribe from the report. However, you will not be able to stop receiving a report that someone else has scheduled for delivery to you. Please reach out to to the Report Owner if you no longer need to receive scheduled delivery of a report.