The Company Holiday feature can be used to create and manage lists of local holidays, national holidays, and company-wide events for everyone in your company, or for people in specific Employment Types. Holidays created with this feature are automatically added to Timesheets, and the resulting time entries can then be conveniently managed "in bulk" from the Leave Type detail page.
Access to the Company Holiday feature requires the additional Advanced Time Off Module (contact ClickTime Support if you would like to add this to your account). You can learn more about the options using the following links:
Creation and management of Company Holiday Leave Types requires Administrative access for the ClickTime account.
Please note: You will need to create a new Leave Type in order to set up Company Holidays. The option to use an existing Leave Type for pre-populated Company Holidays is not currently supported.
To use the Company Holiday, you will need to first create a new Company Holiday Leave Type. This can be done from the Company --> Preferences --> Leave Types page:
Next, click "Add Leave Type":
Set up your Company Holiday. The name is required and you will need to select the "Company Holiday" Category. All other fields are optional.
Click "Next" to go to the Company Holidays tab. This is where you can start creating holidays that will be added directly to Timesheets
On the "Company Holiday" tab, you can specify the dates, number of hours, and notes for each holiday entry that should be associated with the Leave Type. We recommend creating one Leave Type per list of associated holidays. For example, you may want to create one list for "National Holidays," and use that Leave Type to manage all standard holidays for your region.
When you are ready to create Company Holiday time entries, click "Add Time Off".
A form will open that allows you to choose a date, specify the number of hours, and enter notes for one holiday entry at a time. We suggest putting the name of the holiday in the (optional) "notes" field.
When you are ready to add these as time entries, click the "Add to Timesheets" button. The ClickTime system will immediately start adding time entries for this holiday to all available Timesheets, which will be visible as "locked" time entries for all employees who can access that Leave Type.
To add additional holidays, click "Add Time Off" and create any additional Company Holidays for this Leave Type.
NOTE: If you have Leave Type restrictions enabled in your company, you will be asked to select Leave Type availability before entering holiday dates. If you do not choose a Leave Type, you will be able to move to the next step (creating holiday entries), but those entries will not be added to any Timesheets until you define Leave Type availability. For more information about Leave Type Restrictions, click here.
ClickTime will start adding Time Off entries to employee timesheets as soon as you click "Add to Timesheets". Time entries will be added to all open Timesheets for all active people. Time entries will not be added to:
- Timesheets that have been submitted, locked, or approved
- Timesheets that belong to people marked as "inactive"
- Timesheets before or after a person's start/end dates
It may take several minutes for these entries to appear on all Timesheets in your account. If you do not see them on timesheets immediately, please try again in a few minutes.
Company Holiday entries will appear as locked entries on Timesheets. The following is an example of a Company Holiday entry on the Day View page, as seen by the Timesheet owner.
The Company Holiday feature allows Administrators to add the same locked Time Off entry to multiple timesheets at once. If certain employees' timesheets should reflect a different number of hours for any reason, Administrators (and Managers with "Timesheet Override" permissions) can edit Company Holiday entries on a per-person basis using the "Timesheet Override" feature. The following changes to Company Holiday entries are allowed via "Timesheet Override":
- Delete Entry
- Edit Hours
- Edit Notes
The Following example shows editable fields on the Day View page, when accessed via "Timesheet Override".
Any changes made to a Company Holiday on the Leave Type detail page will automatically update corresponding timesheet entries on all open timesheets, making it simple to manage changes to your holiday schedule from a central location.
- Editing a Company Holiday Entry will update entries on open timesheets for Active people even if their individual entry was previously modified via Override.
- Making a Company Holiday Leave Type inactive will have no impact on existing timesheets, but will prevent new people added to the system from inheriting any of the holidays associated with that leave type.
- Deleting a Company Holiday Entry will remove entries from open timesheets for Active people.
Once Company Holidays are created, every person added to the system will automatically have Company Holiday time entries added to their timesheets, providing they meet the following criteria:
- The Company Holiday takes place after their Start Date and before their End Date (if they have Start or End Dates set on their record when they are created)
- If no start or end date is provided, people will receive all holidays
- If only one date is provided, holiday entries will observe that date boundary
- When Leave Type List Controls are enabled (more details here), the employee must be set up as a part of an Employment Type that has access to the Company Holiday Leave type. In companies using leave type list controls, people will receive only holiday entries available to their Employment Type
- If the Employment Type is changed after they have been set up, they will inherit any Company Holidays available to their new Employment Type
NOTE: Inactive people will not inherit Company Holidays, and locked/approved or submitted Timesheets will not receive new entries.