Welcome to ClickTime! This article is intended for customers who have questions about our invoicing process, how to change the payment method, updating information about their organization, and more.
- Payment Method
- Contact Person
- Name of My Company
- Account Type or Features
- Number of Users
Unless otherwise specified, ClickTime will bill the credit card on file in arrears every month. Your invoice amount is determined by the Average Number of Users for the time period, which is multiplied by your per-user charge. An invoice will be sent via email or mail to the Billing Contact.
Please see the other sections of this guide for additional information regarding how your charges are determined and how to change your Payment Method and/or Billing Contact.
Currently ClickTime does not offer a method to view and download invoices from prior pay periods. However, you can always email email@example.com to request a copy of an invoice that has already been generated and/or paid.
Your Monthly Charge is determined by two things:
- The Average Number of Users in your account for the previous month. We determine this by reviewing the number of users who have access to your ClickTime account each day and add that number up throughout your billing cycle. At the end of your billing cycle, we divide the number of users by the number of days in the cycle, and then round that up to the nearest whole number.
- Your Per-User Charge. The Per-User charge depends on the type of account you have and the additional Modules. More details on standard pricing can be found here.
We then multiply the Average Number of Users by the Per-User Charge to determine your bill. In most cases, we require a valid credit card on file and will bill that automatically. Invoices are typically generated on Thursday of each week.
You can view the current number of Active Users by going to the Company --> People page and filtering by "Active". The number of users is displayed at the bottom of the page:
While you can always contact our Billing Department (by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (415)684-1180 and choosing option #4) and ask that they process updates, most changes to your account can be made by a local ClickTime Administrator at any point. Please use the links below to get the most relevant documentation for your needs:
To change the Payment Method we bill your monthly invoice to, please go to the Company --> Preferences page and click the "Billing and Payment" link on the left side of the page:
On the next page, check the box next to "payment method" to expand the Payment Method section:
Next choose the payment method you want to use going forward. Fill in any required fields and then click "Save" at the top (or bottom) of the page. After doing so you'll be brought back to the Company --> Preferences page with a message indicating "Your billing and payment information has been submitted":
For security purposes the updated information will not be displayed if you go back to the prior screen, but you can always contact our Billing Department (by emailing email@example.com or calling (415)684-1180 and choosing option #4) to confirm we have the correct payment information on file if you would like.
To change the Billing Contact that receives your monthly invoice to, please go to the Company --> Preferences page and click the "Billing and Payment" link on the left side of the page:
On the next page, check the box next to "billing contact" to expand the Payment Method section:
Enter the required fields for your Billing Contact and then click "Save" at the top (or bottom) of the page. After doing so you'll be brought back to the Company --> Preferences page with a message indicating "Your billing and payment information has been submitted":
To change the name of your organization, please go to the Company --> Preferences page. From there you can change the "company name" field:
Then click "Save" at the top (or bottom) of the page. The page will refresh to indicate your Preferences have been saved, and you should see the update name reflected
Please note that your name must be unique to ClickTime. If you use a name that is already in use, you will instead see a message letting you know the name is already associated with a ClickTime account.
If you believe this is in error, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist further.
If you are interested in changing your subscription, please contact email@example.com. Any changes that could result in new charges must be submitted by a local ClickTime Administrator from the email we have on file for your organization.
For more details on the different accounts and features we offer, please see our pricing page here.
Local ClickTime Administrators can add new employees at any time from the Company --> People page. To add a new employee, go to the Company --> People page and click "Add Person":
Detailed instructions for adding/setting up new employees can be found in this guide
If you have employees who have entered time but should no longer access ClickTime, you will want to set their account status to "inactive". This will keep all their time entries in the system for reporting purposes, but the employees will no longer count towards your Average Users for the month.
There are two methods to inactivate an employee:
1. Bulk Inactivation - If you'd like to inactivate several employees at once, go to the Company --> People page and check the box next to their names. Make sure your page is set to "Show: Active"
Then use the "Actions" option to "Mark as Inactive":
You should see a success message that employees were inactivated, or a message letting you know why certain changes could not be made.
Note: When inactivating in bulk, the system will only process the inactivation if all people selected can be marked as inactive. If you see an error message, you can either reduce the number of people you've selected, or try the following steps to inactivate employees one at a time.
2. Inactivating One Employee At a Time - From the Company --> People page, click the "edit" pencil icon to open the Person Details page.
Click "Edit Section" in the Basic Information of the page and scroll down to the "Status" section. Change the status to "Inactive", and then click "Update" at the top of the page.
You should see a confirmation message that the person has been marked inactive:
or a specific message indicating why this employee cannot yet be marked inactive.
Please note that if employees have Time Off, Timesheets, or Expense Sheets that are "waiting for approval", you must approve those items before you can mark them as inactive. Additionally, you will not be able to mark someone as inactive if they have a running or abandoned stopwatch - more information about resolving stopwatch issues can be found in this help documentation.
Additional information on inactivating users can also be found here.
If you have employees who were previously marked as inactive, but need to log into ClickTime again, you can change their status back to "active". They will be then be able to log in with the password they used to use. This does mean they will be included in your Average User counts for invoices.
There are two methods to re-activate an employee:
1. Bulk Re-activation - If you'd like to re-activate several employees at once, go to the Company --> People page and check the box next to their names. Make sure your page is set to "Show: Inactive" or "Show: Active and Inactive":
Then use the "Actions" option to "Mark as Active":
You should see a success message confirming how many employees were updated.
2. Re-activating One Employee At a Time - From the Company --> People page, click the "edit" pencil icon to open the Person Details page. Make sure you are set to "Show: Inactive" or "Show: Active & Inactive" in order to see the employee you need to re-activate.
Click "Edit Section" in the Basic Information of the page and scroll down to the "Status" section. Change the status to "Active", and then click "Update" at the top of the page.
You should then see a confirmation message that the employee's record has been updated:
Once an employee is re-activated, they can continue logging in with their email address and password they used to use. If they do not remember their password, you can use the "Actions" option on the Person Details page to send them a Reset Password email, which will include a link to set up a new password.
While we wish all of our customers would stay with us forever, we recognize that sometimes things change. Please note that:
- Cancelling your ClickTime account must be done by someone with Administrative access to your ClickTime account
Organizations who agreed to an Annual Commitment will want to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance if they wish to cancel their account before the end of their commitment.
Organizations that are on a month-to-month plan will want to follow these steps to cancel:
- Log into clicktime.com
- Type this URL into your browser (or click the link): https://app.clicktime.com/cancellation.asp
- If your session is expired, you may be asked to log in again. You'll then be brought to a webpage with three sections to fill out:
- Confirm your organization name, full name, and re-enter your password to confirm you have the appropriate permissions to authorize cancellation.
- Let us know why you are leaving ClickTime. This data is very helpful to us and much appreciated. You can also choose to cancel at the end of your current billing cycle, or at a date in the future.
- Select one of the following data archive options. The prices you see are specific to your organization and determined by the amount of data in the system:
- A: Maintain Account - We will retain all data in your account and allow up to 2 Administrators to continue accessing the account for 2 additional years. This gives you flexibility to run reports/etc. as needed. If you choose to re-activate your account within 2 years, no setup fees will be charged (setup fees can range from $99 - $999). This is the best option if you believe you will need to access ClickTime data at any time in the next 2 years.
- B. Archive Account - We promise to hold on to all of your data for 2 years and will waive any setup fees if you reactivate within that time. This is the best option if you need to stop using ClickTime for now but expect to have time tracking needs in the future.
- C. You request that we delete ALL data 30 days after your account - ClickTime will retain your data for 30 more days, at which point it may be deleted. Your account will be cancelled on the requested day and you will not be able to access this data after cancellation has taken place without paying additional setup fees. Only choose this option if you do not think you will need to access ClickTime or your company's data at any point. Your data may not be retrievable if you contact us more than 30 days after cancelling.
After submitting the cancellation request, you will receive an automated message from our Billing Department letting you know we've received the request.
When your account is officially cancelled (which depends on the day you specified in the second part of the cancellation form) you will receive another email confirming your account is cancelled.
You will receive one final bill after your cancellation date for the last month of access. After that amount is paid you will officially have cancelled your account and terminated your agreement with ClickTime.
Please note that emails requesting cancellation or phone calls are not an accepted method of cancelling. In order to cancel your account you must use https://app.clicktime.com/cancellation.asp and receive the confirmation message that your cancellation was received. If you do not receive a cancellation request confirmation, your account is still active and will continue to be billed.